Thursday, February 10, 2011

Trip the Light

So here I am, changed things up a bit and decided to start a new blog!

Why the name?
My blog is called Trip the Light as a play on many words, most obvious my triplets but also the "trip" it took to get here (4.5 years and 7 IVF's - if you so wish you can learn all about my trials and tribulations at my previous blog). I also often feel like Im in the dark when it comes to motherhood, as if the lights have tripped - after many years of infertility and then finding myself with 3 children I often find this overwhelming and finally it is not lost on me that I could be in a psychedelic trip, living in disbelief that Im finally a mother and also living with an exhaustion that oftentimes makes me think Im hallucinating...

My ground rules
My new blog is a place where I want to try and forget about infertility. I need, for my own sanity not to dwell on the past. I acknowledge where I came from but I need to divorce the past from my present.

I will talk about my triplets not by their real names but rather by names that we have given them here at home - Fat Cheeks, Banana Baby and Little Girl.

I will discuss parenting issues so if this is not what you are interested in please dont make my life a misery for it. I am damn proud of my girls and Im gonna say so.

So here I am dusting off the baby dust* and trying to make way to embrace motherhood.

*I promise to never use that term ever again

10 comments:

  1. YAY Dee Im so happy to see your new blog I think its an awesome thing.

    Ps motherhood is hard and I think your amazing as you are dealing with 3x what I went through.

    Huge hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am following you all the way! Let me know if you want access to my blog! It is a private Wordpress one!
    Roz
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I LOVE LOVE LOVE is how many IF's are getting to this point, being able to close the door on the dark past and move forward.

    So excited for you and look forward to your news xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little names for your babies :)

    And welcome to blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) Yay!

    LOVE the play on words!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome....will be following your blog and hopefully will pick up some good mothering tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness this is not a place for babydust!!! :-) Looking forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Dee! Will be following your new chapter with great interest! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good decision Dee :) Now we can kepp up with the shannigans in the "Trip the Lights" household...

    Here's to your new and exciting chapter.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, another triplet IVFer! Just stumbled across your blog. Thanks for sharing your IVF story, I'm just about to to a fresh transfer and your three successes are getting me in the right mindset!

    ReplyDelete